Friday, December 6, 2013

Parasaurolophus

I am a dinosaur genius.  I use this knowledge to impress all of the kids at Chase's school.  And it works.  The Gravitholus had a very think skull and used it to fight against other Gravitholus' in a show of power.  I guess kind of like lion's defending their pride.  The Euoplocephalus had a really cool clubbed tail that he used to fight off other dino's.  My favorites, though, are the Parasaurolophus and the Stenonychosaurus.  Why?  Because I can say them and sound really smart and impress 3 year olds.  The Parasaurolophus had a horn on his head that was used to communicate with other Parasaurolophus buddies.  Its a skill that comes in handy at the most random of times.

One day, like my dinosaur genius, I hope to be a wine genius.  This may take a little longer.  I am willing to put in the time though.  I just got one of my early Christmas presents to myself in the mail.  I think it will help in my work to become better.


So what have I gotten in to this week so far?  I am happy to report that I tried a new to me Cabernet Sauvignon:  Mount Veeder Winery Cabernet Sauvignon (2011).  This is a Napa Valley wine and I must say it was very good.  Very smooth.  http://www.mtveeder.com/index.cfm?method=products.productDrilldown&productID=3fbf81db-ad8d-0303-e603-400f2665d5be&originalMarketingURL=product/2011-Mount-Veeder-Cabernet-Sauvignon
Little did I know until researching this wine that it is a blend of 91% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Merlot, 2% Pinot Verdot, 1% Malbec, and 1% Syrah.  This went great with my margarita pizza I selected for dinner after a very rough day.  It's listed at $40/bottle, but you can find this in the $30 range by shopping around.  I would highly recommend this bottle and will definitely be looking for more "gifts" of this kind from work.

Tomorrow is race day, so tonight I will not partake in wine festivities.  Be sure to stop back early next week to find out about the weekend wine fun that I am sure to have!


No comments:

Post a Comment