Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Circulation

For the past several weeks I have been having issues with my fingers tingling post-run.  It doesn't necessarily have to be freezing for this to occur.  It happens sometimes after my Pure Barre classes and those are done in very hot rooms.  Its annoying.  Poor circulation?  What if I drop my wine glass?

I have had a busy few days with getting ready for the holiday's.  I am not one who LOVES to wrap presents so in order to partake in that chore, it involves a bottle of something to keep me entertained.  So I have tried a few new ones over the past week and stuck with some goodies that I have mentioned before.  I also had a delicious massage to get me ready for a full weekend of basketball and other mom stuff.  I need my relaxation in many forms.

It is winter time, so I generally tend to stick with reds...but I had bought a bottle of Michel Leon Gewurtraminer at Trader Joe's after my pleasant experience over Thanksgiving with this type and had yet to try in out.  I like the Gewurtraminer's, but it's a bit too sweet for me to drink too often.  The funny thing is, I gave it to Mark to try and he actually liked this one.  Don't get me wrong...this is a very very good wine if you are up for the type.  It would have worked better for me on a warmer day, if that makes sense.  I will definitely continue to explore the Gewurtraminer type because its so different from what I am used to and I am enjoying branching out.  Plus, you can't go wrong with a TJ bottle under $10!

I scored a bottle of Estancia Cabernet Sauvignon Paso Robles:  http://estanciawines.com/artisan-wines/estate/cabernet-sauvignon/  A mere $16 retail and I enjoyed this.  This is a California Cabernet and while not overly rich, has a good taste.  Not too heavy.

I also finally tried the bottle of Triptych White blend that I had been given a while back.  I have to be honest...I am not sure if it was merely because I was not in the white wine mood, but I did not like this blend at all.  Maybe I need to give it another shot this spring or summer.  http://www.brokenearthwinery.com/index.cfm?method=products.productDrilldown&productid=0d8c83a4-edd4-4649-c676-fbe835db0a18&pageID=153138c1-fdaa-db6f-4e87-fa8a8e7a4618&sortBy=DisplayOrder&  I think the problem for me is that I am not a huge Chardonnay fan, and that flavor came through in this blend a bit too much for me.  I will try again at a later date to see if my mind changes.

I did enjoy some of my standard favorites.  I scored one more bottle of Cade Cabernet Sauvignon and finished that off after a rainy afternoon of relaxation and wrapping more presents.  I also finished off my favorite Trader Joe's Sauvignon Blanc, Sauvignon Republic.  Again, if you have not tried this one, treat yourself for a mere $8.


No comments:

Post a Comment