Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Drink the Wine and Save the Water

I love music.  I loved music before I loved wine.  I can remember using a tape recorder and holding it close to the radio so that I could tape my favorite songs and trying to stop the recording before the DJ burst in for his spiel.  OK, so I am telling on my age.  I remember how amazing it was when they created the tape recorders that were built in to the radio so that you didn't have to make everyone be quiet while you were recording...you could actually TALK while recording a song.

One of the best lines ever in a song is "drink the wine and save the water..."  Anyone know where that comes from.  Popular group, obscure song.  It is called Still Remains by Stone Temple Pilots.  Listen to it.  Don't save things for something that may never happen...or not do something because the timing isn't quite right...drink the wine...save the water.

I had quite a week.  Leak in the ceiling, washing machine broken beyond repair, and just your regular everyday other "stuff".  I also had some great things happen.  Saturday I came in second overall female at my 5K on a very humid, rainy day.  I had a great dinner party with my Strictly Running Racing Team Ladies.  And I nailed my workout this morning.  So I'll take the good with the bad.



I will be the first to admit that I am very, very lucky to have the job that I do.  I have been able to taste some really great wines over the past several years.  This one may be one of the best.  I just so happened to be back in the warehouse "shopping" the breakage and came across this little number.  Cade Napa Cuvee, Cabernet Sauvignon.  Holy Mother of God.  http://store.cadewinery.com/SHOP.AMS?LEVEL=BOT
This is a $60 retail bottle of wine.  I cannot tell you how absolutely delicious this was.  It was worth my Friday night off to wait for this little gem.  If you get the chance to try this, please do.  I will be on the lookout for more of this in the back.  If I find some more maybe I will invite some of you over for a tasting.  (If you share my blog!!!)

So, Sunday came and how could I possibly follow up the Cade?  I had been recommended a bottle by my friend Michelle at work.  A red blend called Triptych.  http://www.brokenearthwinery.com/Wines/Triptych
This is a wine from Broken Earth Winery out of California.  The retail value is $15.  There is both a red and a white blend of Triptych.  I do have a bottle of the white at home that I have yet to try.  This was a nice blend of Grenache, Syrah, and Petite Sirah.  Would go with just about anything.  I am looking forward to tasting the white blend to see how that one is!

One more surprise for you.  Monday night was our SR Ladies night out at Pawley's Front Porch.  For those of you that have been there, you will understand this is a place to get a beer...not wine.  I have to just tell you that I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful beer I had.  RJ Rockers First Snow.  A very good Holiday beer.  I am not in to very hoppy beers, so this was right down my alley.  Very enjoyable.  So a little beer bonus for you today!  

Cheers!


1 comment: