Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Back to Life, Back to Reality

Its always a little bit of a let down going back to work after a long Holiday weekend.  I actually had one of the nicest low-key Thanksgiving's this year.  Sunday was a great day for me.  I had a gorgeous 13 mile run with my friend Jen...her final long run pre-marathon.  Sunday night was our get back to reality check.  Patrick came home from his excursions and we had his belated birthday dinner that he specifically requested.  Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.  I compromised and used turkey, since we had left overs!  It was a hit.  I opted to open a bottle of Sauvignon Republic, a glorious Sauvignon Blanc from my faithful Trader Joe's.  This is another New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc that I am partial to.  For some reason I enjoy the extra crisp finish of this areas wines.  If you enjoy Kim Crawford, you will enjoy this.  I stock up on this shit when it is on sale at Trader Joe's because it is not going to go to waste.  I think this was the last bottle in my stash though...

Monday we all had to head back to work and school.  We were all dragging.  I did a very short run knowing I was headed to stretch out at Pure Barre later that afternoon.  I had picked up a new bottle of Pinot Noir over the weekend from Trader Joe's that I had heard about.  Cosmia.  I have to say that although this was a decent Pinot Noir...I did not enjoy it nearly as much as their Mission Point.  I wouldn't turn away a glass if it was handed to me, but I will most likely not purchase another one of that label.  Just not enough umph for me.  Pretty bottle though.

My Tuesday was CHAOS.  I had a very rough morning.  I had low air in my tire again (I swear someone is stalking me and doing this on purpose...), I had to go back to the house twice before actually making my way to work, and once I arrived at school I found out that that very afternoon parent-teacher conferences were being held.  I blurted out a few expletives, and was corrected at the inability to be a "son" of a bitch by my 3 year old since I was a girl.  (He is a genius!!!) I knew when I got home I wanted something good.  I didn't want to worry about testing something out, so I went for one of my old standby's that I have already talked with you about here:  Dearly Beloved Red Blend.  It made the evening a little more bearable.

So...next blog I promise to try some new vino.  Enjoy the rest of the week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment