Monday, June 2, 2014

Recovery

It's no secret that I like to drink wine.  A lot.  What you may not know is that in addition to wine, I do occasionally partake in the drinking of beer and even sometime liquor.  Its not often.  But it does happen.  And usually when you combine the three, you have an epic evening with great friends.

Last weekend our girls racing team took a trip to the U.S. National Whitewater Center for a Canopy Tour.  We left Saturday afternoon to make the drive to Charlotte, NC.  We all decided it would be nice to open a bottle of wine for the drive up.  (Not our driver!!!)  We ended up polishing off 3 bottles of wine on the hour drive.  It was a variety drive.  Sawtooth Syrah was the one I was enjoying.  I have mentioned this before, as it hails from Idaho.  We arrived and took a taxi to our dinner destination.  The String Bean.  I perused the wine list and settled on a bottle of 2010 Temptation Zinfandel.  Not disappointed at all!!!  The 2010 includes a small anount of Petite Sirah to heighten the flavor and add a little more dark fruit to the palate.  There are aromas of raspberry, plum, and citrus.  Of course, I am keen on the spicy black pepper taste that makes this wine wonderful.   We polished off a few bottles with our pizza.  A great combination.



Doing some research I discovered that the wine is a pretty good bargain at about $15/bottle.  The nice thing was I was able to share this with my friends.  We all liked this selection.  That was where the wine fun ended.

We hit our next stop and we switched over to beer.  And shots.  And to be quite honest, my mind gets a little fuzzy in trying to recreate the scene.  So I won't.  I'll just share some lovely pictures that capture the evening.  We shut down the town of Belmont, NC.  The town may never be the same.






The good news is we made it the following morning and really enjoyed the Canopy Tour.  If you have not tried something like this, it is a wonderful adventure!  Although it took me a full two days to recover, I would do it all over again!





No comments:

Post a Comment