Friday, May 23, 2014

The Lie about the Truth

We all know that saying about two sides to every story.  I have recently found out (the hard way) there are actually about 36 sides to every story.  Keeps life interesting.  If you tell me something, I will believe it.  I am a complete sucker.  Gullible to a fault.  Seriously, make something up and tell me about it.  I will believe you.  This has gotten me in trouble several times.  Yet, I continue to make the same mistake.  I don't mind this fault of mine.  You know why?  Because the truth is that sometimes its not a bad thing to just believe.  While it may cause me some uncomfortable moments, it's really not about me.  I choose to trust. The thing is that truth always has a habit of coming to light.  I always seem to get hit in the face with it when it would be much easier to just simply be kept in the dark.  Nope, if I had a dollar for every time I was hit with the truth in the face after believing, I would be in my mountain house in Brevard sitting in the hot tub sipping a gorgeous bottle of wine...

And speaking of wine...I made a stock up trip to Trader Joe's this week to pick up some new goodies.


Going to tell you about two that I have tried this week.  As you are aware, I love Trader Joe's wine selection because you can experiment with several wines and not break the bank.  So far on the taste o' meter, I would say I have hit the jackpot with what I have tried so far.

Let's talk about 2012 Benefactor Cellars Shiraz.  This is a gorgeous bold and spicy Shiraz from South Eastern Australia.  And at $5.99 per bottle, can you say grab two?  Deep color and the spice that I am drawn to.  I will definitely add this to my routine stock ups at TJ's.  Cool freaking bottle, too.

Winemaker's Description:  "There are those who have mourned your passing with many a tear, many a boo hoo.  But we celebrate the generosity of your death.  Those wines which once taunted us from beyond our price range now pour happily - affordably, deliciously, attainably - into our glasses, thanks to you.  A toast to failed predictions!  To bloated, insupportable markets! Here's to the benefactor!"




I also got lucky with the Pascual Toso 2012 Malbec from Argentina.  The winery was established in 1890 by Pascual Toso, a winemaker from Italy.  This wine is 100% Malbec.  This wine has a perfect blend of both red and black fruit with that smokiness/leathery spice mixed in.  I would highly recommend an aged cheese as the perfect companion to this wine.  Some other recommended pairings include creamy pastas, barbeque or spicy dishes.  Again, a find at under $10/bottle.  



I am telling you my truth when I tell you these are some fabulous wines.  Go ahead, you can believe me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment