Friday, June 6, 2014

Night Swimming

When I was younger we belonged to a community pool.  We spent most summer days and weekends at Bel-View with friends.  Some of the best memories I have of that pool were the Night Swims that they had every so often.  I don't know what made the pool more magical at night...but it was.

I have a big blow up pool in my back yard for Chase.  I just bought it last weekend.  I have this little habit of not being very observant...so I didn't realize that this pool was not technically a "blow-up"pool.  I would need a compressor.  So, once that hurdle was overcome, we were able to add water and enjoy.  It made for a very fun weekend.

I also made a quick trip to Trader Joe's where I found something new.  Little did I know that I would later be enjoying the find in the pool the very next evening.  Monday was a long day.  I didn't get home from all of my activities until close to 8:00pm.  After scrubbing the kid and pouring a glass of wine, I decided to sit outside.  In the empty pool.  With the bottle.  I truly hope that the neighbor's were not peeking out their windows.  It was comfortable.  It was fun.  It was silly...but I was enjoying my own version of night swimming.


Trader Joe's 2012 Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County, GSM Reserve.  A blend of 52% Syrah, 38% Grenache, and 10% Mourvedre.  Man did I get lucky with this one.  It was an oddly cool evening in my pool.  The subtle spiciness of this wine went perfectly with the breeze.  I have to admit, I was glad I brought the entire bottle outside with me so that I would not have to move again.  This was a $9.99 bottle at TJ's.  If you are able to, I recommend you stock up.  I have to admit that I had another bottle the very next night.  Although the second bottle was not enjoyed in the pool, I still enjoyed it just the same.


Next time I am filling the pool up before I get in.  I want the true night swimming experience!  Maybe this weekend...

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment