Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Lucky Me!

It's been a lot of fun experimenting and searching for new wines.  I have become more willing to try new items and spread my wings (so to speak).  I am more confident in my abilities to pick out something that I think I will like based on location, varietal, and price.  Lately my eye has been focused on Lodi.  I had been seeing this location on several of the wines I have been drawn to lately.  Lodi is located in the northern portion of California's Central Valley. Good to know.



I found a neat little website:  http://www.visitlodi.com/  which gives a lot of great information about this city, which I now have on my bucket list of travel destinations.  It is located 35 miles south of Sacramento and 90 miles east of San Francisco.  

All of this to tell you that I have found a wonderful, amazing, beautiful wine this week while stopping in to World Market.  Cameron Hughes 2012 Lodi Field Blend Lot 477.  A perfect blend of Zinfandel, Syrah, and Petite Sirah.  Holy Mother of God, this is amazing.  I mean it.  Find it.  Drink it.  Get a few bottles.  I only got one and will be stopping on my way home tonight and clearing them out of whatever they have left.  I mean it.  

In my opinion, this is a very full bodied wine, but not overpowering.  The spiciness of the blend combines with a beautiful finish.  Retailing for around $13/bottle, you cannot go wrong.  I love it when I get lucky!!!





1 comment:

  1. I have CCR's, "Stuck in Lodi" now playing in my head.... not a bad song! :)

    ReplyDelete