Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Change

I love finding and tasting new wines.  This has not always been the case.  It used to be that I was afraid to branch out and try something new.  I was always buying the same 2 or 3 wines over and over.  Now, its rare for me not to have something new in my house that I have found on any given wine expedition.  I got really lucky over the past week with some amazing finds.  Hold onto your socks because you are really going to like these new ones!

Again, props to Best Bottle for having a wonderful selection from which I have found some of my favorites.  Once again, they did not disappoint.  Hey Mambo 2011 Sultry Red.  With a tag line reading:  Laid-back guys, Stand-out wines, how could I go wrong.  Oh my was this nice.  Jammy fruit with with hints of spice!  Notes of dark cocoa and a smooth oak finish.  This was a beautiful find.  Dominated by Sirah, this is a true blend that really got it right.  http://www.togwines.com/wines/hey-mambo/2011-sultry-red/  Hey Mambo retails for about $10/bottle and I highly recommend you find yourself a bottle of this!



Another one I tried was one I had been eyeing for some time.  I threw caution to the wind and made the purchase this time.  And I am SO glad I did.  "The Other" 2011 Red Wine, Estate Grown, Lodi.  Wow.  A beautiful blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot, and 10% Syrah.  I have to admit I was really intrigued by this blend.  I am generally not a Merlot fan, but mixed in with the other varietals, I really enjoyed.  I was immediately hit by the aroma of blackberries and spice.  This wine has a wonderfully long, seductive finish.  This wine would pair well with a variety of dishes.  I had this with a plate of cheese and crackers; but will definitely look to pairing it with my pizza fetish next time around.  "The Other" retails for around $15/bottle.


Sometimes a little change will do  you good.  You have to step out of your little world and discover what else is out there.  In this case, I am so glad I did.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment