Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Redemption!

After my disastrous wine weekend I was in major need of something completely amazing. I woke up Monday determined to redeem myself.  I had a better than expected shake out Monday morning with my neighbor after my ridiculous 14+ mile run Sunday.  Tired, but not sore.  I have one other passion that I have yet to mention that was introduced to me a few months back. If you have heard of Pure Barre, you too might be addicted. I managed to sneak in a class Monday before heading home to enjoy a treat.
If you have not yet tried 14 Hands Cabernet Sauvignon, go find a bottle now. What a wonderful, fulfilling, full bodied red! It truly is a new favorite. I had a bottle of this a few months back when my boss was in town at dinner at Ruth's Chris...so I would have to say if they are serving it there they know what they are doing. I actually got this on sale at World Market. It's a Washington state wine, which I have discovered I am quite a bit partial to. At about $12.00 a bottle it's a wonderful deal. And it rocks. The bottle is pretty, too. I finished it off and enjoyed each and every sip!
So what the heck do you follow that up with? I decided Tuesday to try something brand spanking new. This led me to select the Sterling Vintner's Collection Meritage. This is basically a blend of Merlot, Cabernet, Malbec, Petit Verdot, and Cabernet Franc.  I enjoyed this one.  I had never had a Meritage before and was pleasantly surprised  by the blend. I would definitely get this again.  Another bargain scored at World Market.
This morning I had to get up at 4:45am to drive my ass to Myrtle Beach. I was none to pleased about this, but a job is a job. I got lucky on the way home...I stopped at Trader Joe's and found something I was not looking for. 14 Hands makes a red blend called Hot to Trot. I had to buy it and try it for a pre-Thanksgiving treat. Wow. I truly thought this was just just as enjoyable as the Cabernet! I am now officially a fan of 14 Hands! Visit 14hands.com for more information. I will now have to try their others. There is a Hot to Trot White Blend as well! There is also a Reserve Red Blend, a Reserve, merlot, and a Reserve Cabenet Sauvignon. Cannot wait to try!
Thanksgiving morning I will be running a 5k with my friend Kenzie. I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving and will be in touch soon with my a Thanksgiving selections.
Wine on friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment