Sunday, November 17, 2013

My very very first post!

Initial Sips...

I have liked wine for a very long time.  The scary thing is...in thinking back to my early wine days, they involved Franzia boxes and most likely were riddled with White Zin.  Not knocking that, it's just that thankfully, for me, my tastes have evolved.  
I am a novice.  I am by no means a snooty wine snob that can give you ridiculous advice on exactly what I taste when I taste a wine.  I know what I like and while I have picked up on some lingo, I am still learning.
I landed my dream job about 2 years ago.  I work in Human Resources for a wine and liquor distributor.  (WHAT?!?!?)  I have really been able to hone my interests and have tried so many new brands, types, and labels over these years.  

In addition to my wine passion, I have one other vice you will probably read about if you partake in my blog.  I am a runner.  I am a runner who drinks more wine than I probably should.  Maybe I would be better if I didn't drink as much.  But then I wouldn't be as happy!  So there is a trade off!  And I choose to continue to test (and taste) those wines!!

My plan is to write a review of the wines I have opened within the past week.  Since I am a creature of habit, I may mention some more than once, but I will attempt to throw in a new one each week.  In addition, I am thinking about starting a wine club with some running pals to get their input as well on the tests of the week.  

So...how much do I drink.  Here we go.  (Don't judge...)  I usually drink about a bottle of wine each evening.  This translates in to about 3 glasses for me.  Maybe I pour big glasses.  I have no idea.  Its what I do.  I mean how can I impart knowledge and recommendations if I don't finish the bottle?  If I had a partner in crime it might help...my my partner is strictly beer bound.  (More wine for me!!!)

How much do I run.  Again, don't judge.  I run an average of 50 miles per week.  It is my primary exercise and stress relief.  I have 3 boys.  OK, actually 2 boys, ages 3 and 12...and my man who I have to lump in the category.  I am not saying they cause all of my stress, but running gets rid of a lot of my excess stress and energy!  So forgive me if I impart some running information amid my wine drinking advice!  

So...stay tuned.  This will be a fun time.  If you have a recommendation for something I should try...by all means let me know.  I am open to test out a few new bottles!

Cheers!  

Shannon 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment