Thursday, March 13, 2014

Weird Weather

I am over this weather.  It's nuts.  One day I am running in tights, a hat, gloves, jacket, etc...the very next day I am in shorts and a t-shirt and sweating to death.  I am just waiting to get sick.  Of course, I refuse.  So one of the things I do in order to keep healthy is drink wine.  Yep...sure fire way to keep away germs.  Try it...you will see.

I have had a fling going on with some Paso Robles wines as of late.  Let me tell you about Stonehedge 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon from Paso Robles.  Stonehedge is a small family wine producer specializing in the production of high quality handcrafted wines.  This is a Trader Joe's find for about $7.99 a bottle.  I am partial to Paso Robles wines.  Kind of like what you see is what you get.  Luckily, what you get is a very tasty and smooth Cabernet with a delicious lingering finish.  I will be going back for more of this tasty bottle.


Another wine I had the opportunity to try was Ravenswood Besieged.  This is a blend of Old Vine California heritage varietals.  It is a limited release, small production specialty wine.  This one is a funky bold blend that I really enjoyed.  Very deep red with that spicy finish I love in my wines.  It's a decent bargain as well at only $14 per bottle.  Plus...what a pretty bottle!



I am hopeful that the mass majority of the cold weather is behind us and we can sneak back in to spring and start delving in to our warmer weather whites!  Stay tuned because I think it won't be too long...

No comments:

Post a Comment