Monday, March 24, 2014

Spicy

I have found a new wine fixation.  Spice.  I have fallen in love with having a bit of spice in my life, so to speak.  I have found this in the form of some new varietals that I have been testing and truly enjoying.  Let's talk about Atteca Garnacha Old Vines 2011.  Another of my Spain super finds!



Read this expert review I found on line:
90 Points - Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, Sep/Oct 13
"(100% garnacha; fermented in stainless steel and aged for 10 months in French Oak): Glass staining ruby.  Ripe red berries and fresh rose on the oak-spiced nose.  Silky and sweet, offering vibrant raspberry and cherry-vanilla flavors and a touch of bitter chocolate.  Zesty mineral and cracked pepper notes add energy to the long, spicy, red fruit-dominated finish."

All I can add is WOW.  I mean, first of all the bottle is beautiful.  Second, the price is right on at under $15 per bottle.  I cannot tell you enough positive things about this wine.  I am sold on Garnacha as a new favorite.  This is the second bottle I have tried and I am eager to open up the next one I find.

My next find was a 2012 Trapiche Malbec.  This is from Mendoza- Argentina.  Another beautifully spicy, full bodies wine that I pleasantly tripped over on a breakage spree in our warehouse.  Lucky for me, I actually scored a few bottles so I will be able to have a repeat performance with this one sooner rather than later.  Very deep red color, this wine paired nicely with my Friday night pizza habit.


Another sub $15.00 bottle.  You need to try this one out.

They say that variety is the spice of life.  I will have to agree.  I am looking forward to continuing to test out these different wines.  I hope you enjoy as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment