Thursday, April 10, 2014

Discovery

Sorry for the delay in getting this post out to you.  I have been incapacitated by a bug thrust upon me by a devilish 3 year old.  While said bug did put a damper on some wine time...I did manage to ingest a few especially tasty treats in the days leading up to my downfall.  

LoNuevo Vilata 2012 Monastrell-Syrah, Old Vines, Jumilla.  Talk about some beautiful spicy aromas right from the first smell with a peppery finish.  This is a wonderful bottle to sit back and really enjoy.  I am also finding that I am intrigued with the Jumilla region, as this is the second bottle I have tried an absolutely adored.  This is a blend of 85% Monastrell/15% Syrah.  Again, I cannot ignore my passion for wines from Spain.  This does not disappoint.  And a great value coming in around $12-$15 per bottle. I discovered this at my new favorite little wine shop, Best Bottle Wine and Gifts located in the Shoppes at Woodhill on Garners Ferry.  Go in if you have not!  



My second treasure found this week was Unban Uco Malbec Tempranillo 2012.  Hailing from the Uco Valley in Argentina, this blend of 50% Malbec / 50% Tempranillo is another wonderful value red blend that you should jump up and grab.  I have already gone back and purchased a back up bottle of this one.  This is a medium-full bodied wine with a deep purple-red color.  I love it when a wine grabs you right from the start and this does not disappoint.  Another value coming in at $15.00 per bottle.  




Now that I am back on the road to recovery, I will be sure to have some additional great finds for you next week.  

Cheers!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment