Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Welcome 2014

While 2013 was one of my best years to date, I have high expectations for 2014.  There is a lot I was to accomplish from a running perspective.  I finished the year stronger than I started and that is my goal again for 2014.  I set 6 Personal Records in 2013...so I have set the bar high.

Speaking of bars...I met my pals Joyce and Andrew at Thirsty Fellow for a night out this week.  It was an opportunity to catch up and to try a new Cabernet that I hadn't yet.  Even better, it is one of RNDC's.  I selected Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon.  This was a very nice, smooth, medium-body wine that was very easy to drink.  It went very well with the company and some of Andrew's sweet potato fries that I was stealing directly from his plate.  The cool thing about this wine was what I learned after the fact.  I went to work and asked one of our guys the proper pronunciation for "Louis"; was it LOUIS or LOUIE?  Turns out I had pronounced it correctly by using the LOUIE version.  The particular bottle I was drinking was the Sonoma Valley Cabernet.  Turns out that in addition to the Sonoma, there is a Napa Valley Cabernet which is even better according to said wine guru.  So, that being discovered, I will most likely be scoping out a Napa Valley bottle to do some comparing.





Another score this week was the Alamos 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon.  I have been faithful to my reds as of late.  This is a wine from Argentina.  Retails for about $10/bottle which is very reasonable.  One of the things I try to do when I get bottles of wine from work is to have a drink of the wine before I look up anything at all about it so that I am not biased by any information I see regarding others opinions, cost, or rating.  I broke my rule last night.  I was busy so I was multi-tasking.  I looked up the Alamos while pouring my glass while also making dinner.  I discovered pre-drink about the retail cost, so I was a bit biased before my first sip.  I will say this is a very drinkable Cabernet.  I was pleasantly surprised by its taste and will continue to pick this up from the "breakage" when I see it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment