Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Shooting Star

This week started out with me in need of some oomph.  I was exhausted as I trekked outside for my Monday morning run.  I had a completely nap-free weekend which is a tragedy.  My plan was to run a slow 4 miler to shake out my legs from the Sunday long run.  I was about 10 steps in to my run when I saw an amazing shooting star!!!  It caught me so off guard that I almost forgot that you are supposed to make a wish when that happens.  My brain was scrambling trying to come up with the perfect wish...

My day immediately improved.  I felt a new spring in my step and went a little farther than planned and hit some hills. I am also happy to report that said wish came true the very next day!  I still can't tell you the wish, because I think that is bad luck.

I had great wine luck as well.  Run, don't walk to find yourself a bottle of Vina Eguia Riojo Reserva 2007.  Run as fast as you can.  This is a 100% Tempranillo wine from Spain.  Rioja has very strict standards for labeling their wine and a Reserva must have 18-24 months aging in oak and another 18-24 months in a bottle.  For around $10 a bottle you cannot beat this gem.  I cannot wait to get my hands on another bottle.  I found out that Morganelli's can order this wine for you if you cannot find it online.  When I went on line to search, it was sold out on every site I tried.  That says something.


This wine has a deep spicy/earthy taste and a superb finish.  I will be begging my reverse wine snob at work for another bottle of this.

The second selection of the week was Sterling Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2011.  This retails for about $25 bottle.  This wine has a very deep red/purple color with a bold taste and extremely smooth finish.  Not a harsh as I thought it might be by initial viewing.  This was a very nice bottle of wine.  Again, other high up there on my recommendation list.


Like my shooting star experience, my wine experience this week has been nothing but pleasant.  I am hoping for continued luck...

Sip on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment