Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Losing your cool

It's freaking ridiculously hot and it's just June 11th.  I am already annoyed with the sweat-fest, puddle inducing runs that have become the norm this early in to base training.  Plus I am feeling a bit dehydrated as of late which has impacted my ability to enjoy wine once this week.  For shame.

I drink a lot of water throughout the day.  I need to.  We do some brutal workouts and runs during the summer time.  I know the importance of staying hydrated; but sometimes, you just cannot get enough in.  I have literally had a headache since last night at 6:20pm and I am blaming it solely on being dehydrated.

Wine might help?  (I did refrain last night due to said headache, but the headache has not gone away...so back to wine...)

I had been avoiding a particular bottle of wine at Trader Joe's since I started going there for wine purchases.  You may have seen the bottle:


I am all about the bottle.  This one has just always struck me in a way that screams:  I am not going to be what you are looking for.  I will admit when I am wrong...but this was not one of those times.  I mean, don't get me wrong it didn't suck...I did finish the bottle...but it will be a one and done purchase.  Project Happiness 2010 Syrah from California. The label says it all:

Finally, somebody put it in a bottle.  Happiness.  Sure took a while, though.  Seeking happiness?  What makes happiness?  We winemakers pondered this one afternoon in the Cellar.  Marriage?  Kids?  Satellite TV?  Get your boss fired.  Remember the 1950s, try to forget the 1980s.  Wear searsucker at least once.  Adopt a dog?  Maybe a cat.  Perhaps you're more the box turtle type>
As bold supporters of the mischief that ensues upon opening a bottle, we pose the question to you and hope that in the end, you at least believe in the satisfaction of an empty bottle...What makes you happy?

Hmmm.  Good question.  I will ponder it while drinking a bottle of...something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment