Monday, June 23, 2014

Homecoming

I made a very special trip home to Pennsylvania this past weekend.  While I do not get home often, it's even rarer that I get to go home with both of my boys.  This would be the first time in quite a while.  We drove.  Being in a car with a 12 year old and a 3 year old for close to 10 hours is not as fun as it sounds...but, we made it.  There are a few things that I must do when driving to Pittsburgh.
1.  Stop in West Virginia at the New River Gorge Bridge.
2.  Get excited when we go through the tunnels and tel my kids about Natalie and I being so hungry that one time we referred to Big Walker Mountain Tunnel as the Big Whopper Mountain tunnel.
3.  Get everyone ready to come out of the Fort Pitt Bridge tunnel...is there any view more amazing???




But this is supposed to be about WINE.  Did I mention my mom and Glenn do not drink?  Upon my arrival, I relaxed a bit and announced that I was going to head up to the State Store to purchase a bottle of wine.  No grocery store purchases in PA.  To my surprise (and dismay) my mom tells me that she has wine for me.  Deep inside I started to panic a little.  What the heck could she possibly have?  My wine snobbery was starting to rear its ugly head.  She actually said that I should write about the wine in my blog and tell everyone about how awful it was and that I HAD to drink it because nobody wants to offend a non-drinker.  At this point I had still yet to see what the heck she had!!!

She took me in to the cellar and pulls out two bottles of wine that are still in the Christmas wrapping she received them in.  Who gives a recovering alcoholic wine for Christmas???  I decided not to ask.  She pulls out a bottle of Woodbridge Pinot Grigio.  I ask if she possibly has red?  The next bottle, Woodbridge Cabernet Sauvignon.  The big bottle.  Wrapped up for Christmas.  Sweet!  I mean, come on...it could have been worse.  Right?  


Right?................

No comments:

Post a Comment