Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Insurrection

Shame on me.  I was scolded following my last blog post from some of my work co-horts.  Not because of their lack of like for my selection; but for the mere fact that I had given praise to a label we personally do not distribute.  Hey, I am equal opportunity baby.  If I receive a bottle worthy of a post...you are going to know about it.  That being said, I was presented almost immediately with a bottle that was sure to wow me.  Let's see how it went...



Another cool bottle!  2013 Insurrection, Shiraz/Cabernet Sauvignon from SE Australia was quite a treat!  Very big, bold flavor of spice and berries with a long, smooth finish.  Oh my, I want another bottle ASAP!  This bottle runs about $17.00 and comes in with a rating of 91 points.  It is also a Gold Medal winner of the World Wine Championships.  This one will be on my go-to list going forward.  Thank you, Mr. Rutledge.

This wine was sourced from cool climate vineyards in two regions in SE Australia:  Padthaway and Langhorne Creek.  In these environments, the grapes need thick skins to withstand extreme temperature swings.  The warm days develop intense aromas and flavors and cool nights maintain the robust character of the grapes.  Insurrection fruit was left on the vine as long as possible to concentrate those flavors.  It was night harvested to maintain freshness and rotary fermented to enhance its power.  It is aged for 9 months in French and American oak to contribute to the spice.  Alcohol logs in at 15.5%...making a very serious statement!

For more information on Insurrection, visit:  www.insurrectionwines.com




No comments:

Post a Comment