Monday, May 18, 2015

Supply and Demand

It's kind of funny, but the thought that went through my head this weekend while on my long run Saturday morning was this:  If the world ended today and I had to survive in a post-apocalyptic situation, I would only last about a week.  I am down to 7 bottles of wine in the house.  This is INSANE.  How in the world did I let it get to this?  For those who have seen my wine collection,  you know I generally have about 50+ bottles at any given time.  Not quite collector status, but plenty to get me through a good chunk of days without power, and running from zombie's if I needed to.  Not today.

I was thinking that a possible stock up would take place this weekend, but I was busy running around and cleaning out closets, doing laundry, the mundane tasks of life.  I need to get on it and soon.

So last night I didn't even open a new bottle.  Nope, I had half a bottle left from Saturday night and decided to just finish that off.  Its one of my favorite go to's for a Petite Sirah.  "With touches of fig, cocoa and licorice...has a very interesting and lingering finish.  Maggio is made by Oak Ridge Winery, the oldest operating winery in Lodi, California."




Ahhhh, Lodi.  What can I say.  I truly feel like I am rarely disappointed by wines from this region.  It is definitely one of my favorite areas.  This is most likely the first place I will visit when i start my winery rounds some time in the future!

Now to go and replenish by supply...the demand is definitely there!

No comments:

Post a Comment