Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pizza time!

I absolutely love pizza. No big surprise there as I am sure I have mentioned my pre race ritual of eating as much pizza as possible. I tend to order from Marco's before races because their pizzas are great and they deliver. I am lazy the night before I race. So, it will come as no surprise to hear that for our latest Strictly a Running ladies night out we chose a pizza place...Za's to be precise. I had not been there before and was looking forward to trying out a new place. I will say right away, I like this place!


 We ordered a bottle of The Pessimist Cabernet Sauvignon to start. This is a Paso Robles, California wine. The thing I noticed right away was a slight peppery/spicy taste. This was not too bold. Easy to drink. This was the recommended bottle by our waitress. This retails for about $11.00 per bottle. It was a tasty companion to or dinner. Did I mention that the pizza here is great? I had a pesto, shrimp, tomato pizza and it rocked!! I will definitely be coming back again.



 We needed another bottle and went with the second recommendation Dynamite Cabernet Sauvignon. Wow!!! This one really blew me away (pun intended). So doing some research on this wine I find out the name comes from the location in which the grapes are grown: in the Red Hills of California's North Coast they had to blow out the side of the mountain to plant the first Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard, hence the name, Dynamite. This is a true California Cabernet. Big, bold, rich, and dark. This wine has a very smooth taste and finish. In my opinion this was the better of the bottles we tried. I will get more of this one as soon as possible.  Retails for about $15 per bottle.

Looks like we are in for some more ice and snow here in balmy South Carolina.  Good thing I stocked up to get me through the next few days.  I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment