Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Voice in my head

Sometimes the little voice in my head is annoying.  You know why?  Because its usually right.  I hate being wrong.  Especially when it comes to feelings and emotions.  Those who know me well know that I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve.  I would love to be able to hide this fault in my persona, but it's there...for the world to see.  Good days, bad days, sad days, you will know it.  I can't hide it.

But, I can pair it with some wine to make myself feel a bit better, right?  I have some wines to catch up on.  I've had quite a few surprises over the past week and I have actually tried a brand new varietal that I can tell you about for the first time ever in my blog.

My first treat is Chateau Tanunda Grand Barossa 2011 Shiraz.  All I can say is this was love at first sip.  (I still believe in that.)  Grand Barossa Shiraz epitomizes the premium international reputation for Shiraz which has made the Barossa Valley famous.  Aromas of blackberry, plum and black pepper are accompanied by spicy, dark berry fruits.  Absolutely glorious!  This wine from Australia hails from the oldest and grandest Chateau- the site of the very first vines planted in the Barrosa in 1845.  Retailing for about $25/bottle it is well worth it.



And for something brand new for me.  Zinfandel.  I finally made the leap of faith.  I kept being told if I liked it spicy I needed to get a bottle of Zinfandel.  I debated and debated while I was in the wine section of Trader Joe's.  I stocked up on several bottles and one lone bottle happened to be the Trader Joe's Zinfandel Paso Robles Lot #84.  This wine is bold and fruit driven with raspberry, black cherry and the much anticipated peppery finish.  It truly was a treat treat treat at $9.99 a bottle.  I will definitely be heading back to grab a few more of these before they are gone.



Gonna keep working on that emotion thing, too.   Maybe one day I will learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment