Friday, September 11, 2015

Celebration

I have been eagerly awaiting this week!  This is the week I was to find out if I would be released to return to running.  I had the PRP injection in my foot 4 weeks ago.  At that point I had not run for 5 weeks.  Closing in on this 9th week, I was anxious to hear some good news.  I want to run!!!

So, I tend to get a little antsy at times.  I actually decided to take matters in to my own hands and test out the foot maybe a little before the actual appointment.  The good news with that was that I was able to run SLOWLY, but without pain.  That to me is reason to celebrate.

I scored a beautiful bottle of Pinot Noir by luck.  By accident.  I was minding my own business at work when I went to fill up my water bottle and was beckoned to grab this particular bottle.  All I was told was "it's good".



Two Sisters Pinot Noir (2009) is named in honor of vintner, Bill Foley's daughters, Lindsay and Courtney.  Sweet!  This Pinot Noir hails from the prime vineyards in the cool Santa Rita Hills of Santa Barbara County in California.  Perfect spicy accents , layers of berry and vanilla.  I was in love.  This wine truly was the perfect way to celebrate my slow but happy short run around my neighborhood.

In reading about this wine, I have discovered, unfortunately, that this is a limited production line intended to showcase the best Pinot Noir blocks within Foley's Rancho Las Hermanas Estate in the Santa Rita Hills.  Darn.  But, at least I was lucky enough to snag this bottle!!

The appointment yesterday proved to be the good news I was waiting for.  I am able to start running again as long as I remain pain-free.  Yippee!  Sounds to me like another reason to celebrate!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment